Reffett Associates Fulfills Key Roles for the Federal Government
July 25, 2022 – Reffett Associates, based in Seattle, WA, has been recruited to help fill a series of key senior executive positions in technical and hard-to-fill positions for the Federal Government. Already this year, Reffett has assisted US Army Materiel Command at the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL with recruits for three Highly Qualified Expert (HQE) positions.
To be considered an HQE, individuals must possess “rare and recognized knowledge, skills and experience in an area of expertise, and a judgment that carries authority and status with their peers or the public”, said the firm. The HQE are assimilated to senior executive positions (SES). HQE missions within the armies bear the status of general of the army.
Reffett Associates supported the recruitment of the following HQE positions:
- Facilities Engineer for the Organic Industrial Base (OIB) – The Facilities Engineer is responsible for advising the Commanding General of the U.S. Army on all aspects of advanced manufacturing techniques to enable safe operations and the achievement of modernization priorities.
- supply chain manager – The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for advising the U.S. Army Commanding General on supply chain optimization techniques, organizational change management, and resource alignment across all commands. the army.
- Program integrator for OIB – The Program Integrator is responsible for advising the Commanding General U.S. Army on the integration of all aspects of AMC’s OIB modernization efforts enabling the repair of legacy equipment while transitioning to 21st century repair/manufacturing process in support of Army modernization efforts.
Additionally, Reffett Associates has been selected by the United States Merchant Marine Academy to assist in the recruitment of their new Superintendent, and Reffett will also conduct a search for a Facilities Manager to maintain the historic campus in Kings Point, Long Island, NY. These two assignments are the fifth and sixth executive hires that Reffett Associates will conduct for a federal agency in 2022.
Related: Core Scientific Taps Reffett Associates to Recruit VP of Investor Relations
Finally, Reffett Associates recently served as the provost of the Naval War College. This placement, the firm said, is the latest in a series of academic recruitments for military institutions of higher learning nationwide, including:
- Head of Learning of the Air Force for Air Education and Training Command
- Dean from the School of Aerospace Medicine
- President for the Ecole Supérieure de la Marine
- Provost for the Ecole Supérieure de la Marine
Marshall Reffett, managing director and director of the firm’s federal practice, attributes the firm’s success in recruiting senior executives to the federal government to the experience of his team. “The senior executives at Reffett Associates all have extensive direct leadership experience in the federal government,” he said. “Our federal practice leadership team includes two retired colonels, a former district director for a congressman, and a federal policy expert with years of experience on the Hill. Our knowledge of the ins and outs of federal service helps us better understand our clients’ requirements, and then help candidates navigate the federal hiring process, resulting in more successful placements.
Reffett Associates is a nationally recognized executive search firm. The boutique talent provider has extensive experience in retail and consumer packaged goods, private equity, commercial and federal services, government sectors, associations and non-profit organizations. Its team is comprised of executives with tangible industry experience, possessing real and relevant insights into the challenges executives face in managing talent in a competitive marketplace.
Last year, Reffett Associates helped place Howard Meyer as the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Liaison and Senior Advisor to the Air Warfare Integration Capability Strength (AFWIC). The research was conducted by Eric Reffett, Managing Director; Thomas Young, Director of Operations; and Marshal Reffett.
The AFRL is the Air Force’s premier research organization that leads the discovery, development, and integration of advanced combat technologies for America’s air, space, and cyberspace forces. AFWIC’s mission is to foster enterprise-wide integration and future force design that enables the Air Force to rapidly transition to a 21st century, networked, multi- areas. Dr. Meyer is the Commander AFRL’s senior representative to AFWIC and is the AFRL’s primary scientific and technical advisor to the AFWIC Director, providing advice to AFWIC on the usefulness and the feasibility of current and future scientific and technical programs.
Related: Reffett Associates Places Senior Advisor for Air Force Warfare Integration Capability
Contributed by Scott A. Scanlon, Editor; Dale M. Zupsansky, editor; and Stephen Sawicki, Editor – Hunt Scanlon Media