Women in Manufacturing Education Foundation Board of Directors Announcement
The Women in Manufacturing Education Foundation (WiMEF) is pleased to announce the election of 22 members to its 2022 Board of Directors, whose terms begin April 1, 2022.
March 29, 2022 – The Women in Manufacturing Education Foundation (WiMEF) is pleased to announce the election of 22 members to its 2022 Board of Directors, whose terms begin April 1, 2022.
The council is led by Chair Cara Herzog, Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, People and Culture, Southwire Company, Carrollton, GA; Vice President Shameka Lewis, Site Safety and Security Manager, HelloFresh, Grand Prairie, TX; Secretary Steve Speich, Plant Manager Intelligent Solutions Group, John Deere, Fargo, ND; and Past President/Treasurer Mary Ellen Grom, Executive Director, Customer Experience Solutions, AFL, Duncan, SC.
The first term members of the WiMEF 2022 Board of Directors are:
- Kori Carlson, President, Brooklyn Tool Co., Minneapolis, MN
- Melissa DeTamble, Director of Human Resources, PLZ Corp., Downers Grove, Illinois
- Mani Khanuja, Senior Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Specialist, Amazon Web Services, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Vanessa Li, Program Manager, Novelis, Kennesaw, Georgia
“On behalf of the entire WiM organization, I am delighted to welcome this new group of leaders to the WiMEF Board of Directors,” said WiM President Allison Grealis. “I look forward to working with them to continue to develop and deliver effective and affordable programs that help women advance their careers in the industry.
WiMEF funds the Leadership Institute for Women in Manufacturing and STEM, the Leadership Consortium, the Management Development Program and the Empowering Women in Production Program, as well as a virtual learning series that offers monthly webinars. These programs have helped thousands of women and men in the industry grow professionally and personally since the foundation’s inception.
The other members of the WiMEF board of directors who continue their service are:
- Rachel Camarillo, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Erin Air, Seattle, WA
- Michel Conklin, Executive Director, BotsIQ, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Heidi Gerhard, Talent Manager, BASF Corporation, Florham Park, NJ
- Sascha Harrell, IN-MaC Director of Education and Workforce, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Kaitlyn Kelly, Operational Excellence Coach, Trane Technologies, Lexington, KY
- Danielle Lancianese, Manager – Tile & Stone Category, Shaw Industries Group, Inc., Dalton, GA
- Leslie LeMair, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, George Utz, Minneapolis, MN
- Jenn Martin, Engineering Manager, Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing, North America, Georgetown, KY
- Jo Ann Mitchell, MBA, JMitchell Consulting, Fair Lawn, NJ
- Melissa Rocha, Director of Global Sourcing, Kymera International, Charlotte, NC
- Catherine Ross, Director of Education, Smartforce Development, AMT – The Association for Manufacturing Technology, McLean, VA
- Shauna Smith, Global Head of Process Excellence, SPX FLOW, Charlotte, NC
- Carrie Uhl, Purchasing Manager, GE Healthcare, Waukesha, WI
- Laura Wilde, Senior Director of Quality and Mission Assurance, Aerojet Rocketdyne, Huntsville, AL
Grealis also thanked outgoing WiMEF Board members for their outstanding service: Alicia Cannon, Apex Filling Systems; Sheila LaMothe, Goyer Management International; Susanne Lauda, AGCO Corp., and Gretchen Zierick, Zierick Manufacturing Corp.
About the WiM Educational Foundation
The WiM Education Foundation (WiMEF) is the 501(c)(3) branch of the Women in Manufacturing® Association, an association of more than 11,000 members dedicated to supporting, promoting and inspiring women who have chosen a career in manufacturing. . WiMEF provides and supports effective and affordable educational opportunities for women in manufacturing.
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read other interesting articles.